Thursday, September 29, 2011

Change

Source
I've always known that people generally don't like change, but it wasn't until I started working on the managerial side of a business that I realized just how hard it is for people to want change to actually happen.  It was like someone died today when I told the employees that we needed to start using a milk thermometer to not scald the milk.  And I wish I could've recorded their resistance when I explained that a Cafe Americano needs to be made with one extra step - someone even told me that I "work like an animal." Riight.

I, on the other hand, love the rush of change.  Big changes that is, like moving to a new country.  We learn through change, and without learning, how can we ever be inspired?  

One of my favorite blogs brought me to the video below, which highlights Rick Mereki's 44 day journey through 11 different countries.  The video makes me smile because I realize that living in this oftentimes very difficult, dysfunctional country is bringing me so many experiences that I don't even consciously realize; experiences like the ones in this video that I otherwise would never imagine having (mine are just missing the uplifting background music).  


Rick Mereki has my dream job: getting paid to travel the world.  
What is yours? 

2 comments:

  1. Awe what a cute video!! You are the queen of change - I totally admire your ability to adapt so quickly! That is why you are just so cultured haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, love it! I don't mind change so much. It always feels like such an accomplishment once complete. That's quite ridiculous (but funny) that your staff would freak out like that over adding one step. Can you imagine what it would be like if they lived hundreds of years ago when there wasn't even running water...hehe. Inspiring post darling!!

    ReplyDelete