Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Time in the Caribbean

Its December and its Summer.  

For this Chicago girl at least.  Its hard for me to believe that its Christmas time when I'm currently sporting a summer dress and Havaianas, when last week I received a 14 pound package from my grandmother - of which 7 pounds was insect repellent - and when yesterday I spent the afternoon sipping a piña colada and  reading an Us Weekly in this pool:

Balcony View
But it seems that I'm not the only one to associate Christmas with Cold, because I continue to spot Dominicans wearing turtlenecks {turtlenecks!} and winter boots.  I must say I'm adapting though, because when it dropped to a chilly 23 degrees (73 degrees Fahrenheit) on Saturday night I was actually cold!  

So today, after rolling my eyes at the knee high suede boots on sale at the mall, I found Christmas decorations at 50% off and I bought us a baby tree!  Its beginning to feel a bit like Christmas in our home.

Our First Tree
Happy Monday and Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Soon enough you will be "enjoying" the cold weather here..yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is your tree...perfect!! 73 degrees!! Let's trade places:) Sounds like the Dominican is beautiful this time of year.

    ReplyDelete