Thursday, December 8, 2011

Temperature Drop

Source
I'm heading home for the weekend.  I'll be going from a balmy 86 [30 Celsius] to a frigid 27 [-3].  A friend asked me yesterday if I have experienced the cold when coming from the tropics. 

Do you have a winter coat with you?  
What shoes are you going to wear?  
Do you need to borrow my ski jacket?  

And I realized that the only sock-wearing shoes I own here are my gym shoes!  Scared.  I've asked my parents to bring winter boots and a winter coat to the airport tonight; I'm ready to embrace the cold.  I'll be the one at baggage claim with a straw carry-on bag and sockless flats changing into hefty winter gear - awkward. 

I've always loathed the Chicago cold, but this time I can't hardly wait to put a pair of Uggs on my feet!  Funny how things change.

Source

5 comments:

  1. somehow i hate cold then I loves it too. need to stay close to heater all the time ;)

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are going home!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Enjoy your time with your family and friends there!!! And a lot of shopping!!!! xD xD xD
    Un besito guapa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bundle up my friend..it's freeeeezing here!! Cant wait to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my world, but the only problem is that we don't have snow and I want a white Christmas.
    I hope you will have an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh best wishes!! Enjoy your time in Chicago!! Bundle up and stay warm..and enjoy all the gorgeous snow:)

    ReplyDelete