Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bad British Accent and Bad Hair

Source
Last night boyfriend fiiiinally agreed to watch One Day with me, and as someone who never falls asleep during movies, he was half asleep the whole time!  {That sentence alone is enough to sum up the film.}

After reading the book, I couldn't wait to see the movie.  The movie was a horrible disappointment.  All funny parts of the book were left out and the ending just left me depressed!  I knew it wasn't going to have a happy ending, but I somehow was unprepared.

Anne Hathaway killed all the likable traits of her character and she wasn't even able to maintain her British accent throughout all the scenes.  Plus, she had horrible hair [except for the short chic cut during her time in France].  Her bad hair styles seemed to be the only thing that "aged" her over the twenty-ish years that the movie followed.  In my opinion, Anne Hathaway needs to stick to The Devil Wears Prada and the The Princess Diaries type of movies.  The only good thing about the film: Jim Sturgess.  I didn't know he existed until last night!  How is it that I've missed every movie he's been in?  Check him out on IMDB.

Source
Did anyone like the movie?  Any new movie recommendations for me?  
I'll admit I'm a sucker for cheesy rom-coms.

5 comments:

  1. ahha awesome! xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, is it really that bad? tear. loved the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this post!!!I will not spend my time to watch it!!I really love your bog!!!I m following you!!!kisses from Greece

    mysteryfishbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly didn't bother with it. After reading this, I'm glad I didn't. Bad British accents & bad hair seems like a recipe for disaster..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come I have NO idea what movie you are talking about?? lol And it sucked because Anne Hathaway was in it and she sucks. lol

    ReplyDelete