Saturday, February 18, 2012

Do Something Scary

The other week I stumbled across this quote on Pinterest:
Its inspiring, but how would it be possible every single day? I asked boyfriend.  That was a mistake.  Because after asking him this he came up with something every day, like, "You could kill that bug as your scary thing for the day.." Or "Even though its 11 PM and you're really tired and its really dark outside, you can go take all of your dry clothes off the clothesline.." [maybe in less words].  

But after a few days of A's nonsense talk, I finally did something that scared me.  Out of total frustration (which I've had for months), and without any type of job or job lead lined up, I attempted to quit my job.

Maybe I was crazy for doing it, but in the end, this scary thing turned out for the best.  In the end I didn't quit, but I got myself a promotion.  Instead of managing my company's headquarters store, I am now the Operations Manager of the entire company.

So why am I telling you all this now if it happened a few weeks ago?  

Because I'm 99% sure that today was my last working Saturday.  

In addition to the promotion, I changed my six-days-a-week job into a Monday-Friday job and I couldn't be happier.  My weekends are now doubling!  I hope the extra-long-weekend feeling lasts for a year..

Source
Do something that scares you, you won't regret it.   

5 comments:

  1. LOve that quOTE t the end. THe aNSWER IS SOOOOO much!!!!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Have a wonderful weekend!!! xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Tia and I couldnt agree more. Sometimes it's really hard to do the scary thing but you never know because it could be the one thing you needed to do :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote is one of my favorites, and this story. Well, you're just awesome. Thanks for the burst of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TIARENIE I'm sooooooo happy for you! We need a Skype date desperately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, I love the feeling after quitting a job :), so freeing.

    ReplyDelete