Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Happiness Lesson

{from The Power}
It would appear that I'm on a self help/happiness quest lately because I've read The Secret, The Happiness Project, and The Power all within the last two months.  It doesn't take a genius to understand their common message:  

Change your thoughts and you'll change your world; 
Show gratitude and you'll feel happy, 
Feel happy and more happy things will come your way.

So, to show gratitude, these are some things I'm loving right now:

the Flinstones bookshelf in my living room

hearing this song on the radio - even though its in Portuguese

my - only slightly sore - legs that are surviving the 15k training

the company of my trusty iPhone everywhere I go

the endless palm trees I get to see all day long

my new yoga classes

the good laugh I had today when all my employees laughed at me because I told them they couldn't drink alcoholic coffee drinks on the job.

the two rainbows I watched during my evening run - I thought of gold, boyfriend thought of Skittles. 

Be grateful.  It will benefit you in more ways than one!

Source Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Cheers to that! That's a wonderful reminder to live by everyday. Despite the little bit of snow that came my way as of late, I am so happy for the blossoms on the trees....though I would take Palm trees any day:) Happy weekend Tia! xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you and your self happiness books..I love it! haha

    Skittles?? Ohh Ahmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! BTW, your employees are awesome! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh That song is AWESOME! Gets me in the best mood! Along with that beautiful saying. Thanks chica!

    ReplyDelete