Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Year to Better Skin

Source
On my 25th birthday this year I decided that it was time to start taking better care of my skin.  I've never had problematic skin per say, just the occasional breakout and general characteristics of combination skin.

Living in a tropical climate has improved my skin, but after seeing this picture of a woman who spent years with one side of her face in the sun I realized how much I should be more cautious with my skin now and wear sunscreen to the max.  Although I don't usually do posts like this, these products are really working for me so I thought I'd share!

Source
Ok, maybe its not the cleanest product when compared to the Burt's Bees I've been using all my life, but I believe this bar has been the #1 factor in clearing up my face.  After running long runs in the heat, this simple but powerful product is all I need to thoroughly cleanse my face and prevent post workout breakouts.  Plus, its cheap and lasts, like, forever.

Source
I had never heard of Josie Maran products before I read about them on another blog.  After scanning through tons of comments of fellow users talking about how much they love this moisturizer, I thought I would give it a try.  It leaves my skin feeling soft and glory all day long.  It is paraben free and your significant other will love the smell of it.  Find it at Sephora.

Source
The last time at Whole Foods I was recommended this eye cream [even though its under $20!].  It is really brightening even though it doesn't even mention anything about brightening.  Its light and I love the way it absorbs into my skin.  Perfect for early mornings!

This is not your average eye makeup remover - it doesn't feel oily nor slimy and it actually works!  The towelettes are really useful and the packaging is great for travel.  So far its been the only way that I can get every last trace of eyeliner and mascara off, and in a gentle way to boot!

Any skincare products that I should know about?  
I'm in the market for a new face mask.. 

3 comments:

  1. When I hit 25, I was the exact same way...and of course still am about taking care of my skin. I love L'Occitane products - right now I am using one of their facial scrubs to exfoliate once a week. It's very moisturizing unlike so many others. Hands down though my favorite skin product is Dr. Woods Black Soap with Shea Butter - sounds strange and it's extremely inexpensive, but it has been the best thing ever for my complexion. Since it's all natural and soap free (made from oils), it's not harsh. I really want to try that eye cream - now I only wish I had a Whole Foods close to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try Argan oil by Josie to see what the hypes all about! good for you on taking care of your skin - it'll matter more in 10 yrs time!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skin cake is always important, I'm always looking for the perfect products for me.

    ReplyDelete