Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Last Day of Work! Hooray!

I cannot count how many times I've waken up in the last two years and said, "I don't want to go to work today, estoy harta!" {I'm sick of it.}  Oftentimes I've felt like this: 

But today is my last day, and even though these last few weeks have felt like an eternity, I can say that I feel so happy and grateful for my time here.  I started in the company a week after arriving to the country.  At that time, fresh off the plane from Barcelona, I barely understood Dominican spanish!  Not only has this job taught me the spanish I've needed to work and live in this language, but its taught me how to work effectively with Dominicans island time, how to multitask like no other, and how to stay patient and organized when it seems like no one else is!  

Source
To those who don't love their day jobs, believe that they are always teaching you something and preparing you for bigger and better things!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on finishing your last day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't always amazing to think of how far you've come when you look back on life and reflect? Enjoy your last day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good message to take away from this :)

    ReplyDelete